Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amen and this and that!

It is hard to believe that 9 years ago yesterday I had a chance encounter with this nice guy (good looking too) as I walked out of Mass in Myrtle Beach with my parents and bf Missy. HE said "hi" and that he was on vacation visiting his parents and that he lived in WNY~yup, in mt home town, I had never seen him before and would not see him again for over a year, when I bought the house next to his apartment building. The following year that man asked me to marry him!!!! So it is only fitting that we went to church today, our trip to church was urged on by Jacob!

We have been saying grace at dinner for as long as we've know each other, and the boys just know it as a part of our routine. So Jacob, has been saying Amen now for months. Last weekend he was eating a cookie and kept pointing to it and saying, "Mommy, Amen." When I asked to see it, there was a chalet on the cookie (Girl Scout cookie) but in his mind it looked like a church. This week he has noticed different crosses in our house, picking them up and saying, Amen, so we went to mass today! It was good experience, those who have taken 2 toddlers to church know what "fun" it can be to entertain them and try to keep it to a dull roar!! After we went to Batavia and all the way there every time Jake would see a church he would point it out, it was an interesting event!!

In other news, the boys and I went to the Christmas Tree shop yesterday with Nonnie, they convinced her to buy them Easter buckets and plastic eggs in the shapes of sporting balls. Our house is full of balls and football is the ball of choice these days. We have been passing, punting and hiking the ball. I have to say they are really getting good at aiming a ball...we bought new canvas at the Tree shop~~cheap, $1.99 for 9x12 size so we will paint this week. I was offered a new position at work as a Cooking Instructor and will have a new office, so I think the Jake and Elijah original art will look good on the walls!

Elijah is talking up a storm and is so into dancing and singing. He has taken a fancy to squinting and doing this big toothy smile~practiced it in church this AM~it is SOOO darn cute! We are just about fitting into all of our size 18 month pants! He is such a little bird!! Loves his pasta and fruit snacks, he has clothes in the wings for many years to come, since Jake is wearing a 3-4T.

It is vacation week for me and Mikey has the next 2 days off, so we shall have some fun. I am thinking that Chuckie Cheese would be a fun trip, we've not been in a while! Jake found a frisbee from there and brought it to me saying Cheese~he didnt forget what it was!

Enjoy the week.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great story!
I'm sure going to church with 2 toddlers was quite the experience. Going with one infant is interesting in and of itself!
I hope you enjoy the week with your boys and wish you luck with your new position.

Julie L. said...

Molly--congrats on your new job! sounds fun! Also--love the story about how you met Mike..that is so cool! meant to be huh? Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sue said...

I was just noticing the height diff in the boys. Wow, Jake is TALL!!!