Did you ever have one of those moments where you are kind of looking into your life? Tonight was one of those times. We went to dinner at Applebee's and as I sat and watched Mike talking with Jacob who was sitting so nicely in the highchair, Elijah asleep in the booth next to me I thought this is what life IS about. It was almost surreal to think that we where sitting there as a FAMILY with these two precious little boys; had anyone told me 365 days ago that my life would be so drastically different in less than a year I would have scoffed at them. Mike was always my strength, he KNEW we would adopt within the year and he always said, "he'd get me pregnant." I think that second statement is more of a "guy thing," but he did do as he promised and I couldn't be happier with our family!
Jacob was such a joy in the restaurant. He smiled at everyone and thought that sucking from the end of straw was a cool thing. Now mind you he hasn't mastered the straw and I forgot his sippy cup so I would do the old grade school method for using a straw~put it in the cup, pinch the straw, place my finger on the end and then put it in his mouth and remove all the negative pressure~he found it amusing! He also ate "all" of his grilled cheese and most of the applesauce which was good for him. Usually he finished his restaurant meals in a few minutes and we are left to shovel our meals in; tonight we leisured and had to wait for him to finish. Mike actually had time to go and wash his hands after his meal~yup, just a little OCD; but I LOVE him with all my heart!
Jacob is going to the babysitter tomorrow, which makes my heart ache; but I have some cleaning to do for our big pig roast weekend and I know he should go once in a while just so he doesn't have a hard time in September. I HATE the idea of his going, but what are we to do? We walked past and stopped at her house on Monday, I was secretly happy that he was shy with her, turning his head into the stroller and not wanting to jump out when she put her arms out to him. I know this is wrong of me, I want him to be content and happy at daycare, but I also want him to want just his Mommy and Daddy, ugh! There is still lots of summer left and we are having a ball which is what this is all about. Making the most of our summer time together. I think tomorrow I will stop at the barber and ask about a hair cut. His curls are getting out of control, instead of growing out, they just get tighter and now the back of his head is on the frizzy side due to his rubbing his head before he goes to sleep. His hair is actually more than 2 inches long but you'd never know it due to his springy curls! I wish I had some of that bounce!
Just a little update on our day!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Don't you just love that feeling of contentment and the realization that you indeed have everything you ever dreamed of having!
What a sweet post! You have quite a testimony! That is for sure. Sorry about the spelling! Who would have thought 365 days ago you would have 2 beatuiful boys???? GOD that is who! Love his plan...love it!!!! Hugs
I am filled with glee and contentment when I read your post. I am soooo happy for "My Friend Molly" :)
I am so happy life is so good to you! I know you have had enough heartache to really appreciate these moments.
Oh on the hair cut - not sure if you have them around you, but all my friends with kids swear by Kids Cuts are fun. It is a place tailored to kids for haircuts. Good luck - I want to see pictures of his first haircut!
Post a Comment