Monday, October 1, 2007

A year ago

It is amazing that just one year ago today, I picked up a phone at work to hear those precious words, "we have found your baby!" I called Mike tonight on the way home tonight and ironically he was standing in the same spot as 365 days ago, when I giddily called and told him that we were matched!!

Jake will turn 1 on Wed. He is perfect! He has grown so much in the past few days even, trying to give his brother a paci when he was crying to climbing on everything he can. He is our first-born, born from our love of one another and our strong love and desire to share our life with a child. He has shown us unconditional love and we have grown as individuals, a couple and a family! While my heart is full tonight i can't help but wonder how "A" his birth mother is. I hope that she is at peace with her decision and sees the love and nurturing that we are giving to the child that she entrusted to us. I will never forget those first words she said to me,"would you like to hold your son?" She is a brave and courageous young woman, whom I am so grateful to.

As I close this entry I look forward to shutting down the computer and going to check on Jacob one last time before I turn in for the night! Jacob, I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

I can't believe it has been a year already! I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy the cake!hehe

Colette said...

What a wonderful post! I got the chills reading it. I can't stand that it is already a year! Where does the time go???!!! Hugs

wsweden said...

We were new on the boards when you brought Jacob home. Thank you for sharing your story and bringing hope to those of us waiting.
Happy Birthday, Jacob.
Janet

terilynnh2000 said...

What a beautiful story. I have goosebumps! Kiss those boys for us! xxooo

Wondering when you will find us said...

Love your story! :) I am getting emotional over here! hehe