Monday, September 3, 2007

So sad!

Well, today is the day, the day I thought would never come, 4 months is a loooong time, but alas it has come to an end. Tomorrow I will return to work. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my job, but job as Mommy is the most demanding and rewarding job I could have ever asked for. I just got Jacob ready for bed, bath, book and all I could do was sob through the book, he just looked up from his bottle and touched my face~that kid is such an angel! He had a super fun day, we took him out for lunch and then we played and played all afternoon, soaking in the last day of vacation.

Elijah is waiting for his turn while I make sure Jake has gone to sleep. I think it was easier sending Jacob to day care the first time because I knew I would only work a few months before Elijah was due...not a full 9 months, 180 days. I will survive. Many do, who do not have the luxury of the hours and vacations that we have.

So tonight I close on 4 months with my boys. I was able to see first steps, first words, first wave, first clap,. Gentle moments of hugs and snuggles, bottles of milk sucked down with vigor. I WILL make every evening and weekend count! But for tonight I wallow in my own self pity!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Molly, my heart truly hearts for you. I remember that physical pain of going back to work...and the unconsolable crying (mine, not Alex's). I hope today brought you some peace.

Jodie said...

Oh Molly!! I have been thinking of you all day. I can only imagine how you feel. Let me tell you, though, from the other end of the spectrum that I am truly thankful to know that there are others just like you who love their jobs at MCCC. Knowing that makes it much easier for me to send my baby to you all on Thursday!

Michelle said...

Oh Molly, I really feel for you! I could just picture Jacob reaching up to you. I hope today was less difficult than expected.

terilynnh2000 said...

Waaaahhhhhh!!!!!