Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bumpy, this one is for you!!!

My husband loves to play music and one of his favorite instruments is the harmonica!! This is a trait of his that I hold near and dear to my heart. My Bumpy, or grandfather had a knack for the harmonica and would play it at night, he never took any music lessons but he was the kind of guy who once he made his mind up to do something he would do it! He had many mouth organs as he called them, one was only an inch or so long and he would play it with the whole thing in his mouth! Harmonicas always make me smile and my heart happy, so imagine how I felt when I came home and saw this video on our camera! Elijah has Bumpy's crooked index fingers but Jake has his harmonica talent! On a side note, I remember being a young teenager and telling him that one day I would adopt a baby who needed a home, (little did I know what the future would bring) he loved kids and I am sure that Jacob has a special angel watching over him! He has been gone 20 years and I miss him like it was yesterday! Love you Bumps!

3 comments:

wsweden said...

How cute! Is there a story behind gramps' nick name?

terilynnh2000 said...

okay, i;m crying. beautiful story!!! I love when we remember declarations of long ago that have come to fruition. I told my Middle School Counselor that I was going to be a MS Counselor one day, and lo and behold my first job was just that-- in the MS!

Michelle said...

How precious!