I can remember in the not so distant past when I would dread Mother's day, in fact I would have tried to avoid it at all cost, but now the times have changed as well as our life and I had a perfect Mother's Day.
Mike and the boys make me breakfast, Jacob was so happy to say, "eeeat" and peak into the oven window to watch the biscuits rise, we had eggs and fruit too! Thanks my sweetie for pulling that all off, I know it isn't the easiest thing.
My folks dropped by after mass and then we went to Great Grammie Auds for a picnic with all my cousins. We spent the day outside and played, Jacob loved being able to run and run in the yard and down the lot. Mike actually took the bigger kids for a walk down the lane and they ended up a little "lost," I chuckled as I saw them walking the road back instead of the lane way. He was a good sport about it!
It is amazing to see how affectionate Jacob is becoming towards people. He spent the weekend rubbing and patting Elijah's back and hugging people, doing the toddler leg hug and here is the ringer...at Grandma's today he tapped my aunt on her butt~very matter of fact, like it was something he did all the time. Well, it is something he sees all the time, I guess Daddy will have to be more discrete with his tapping my backside! Monkey see, Monkey do!
The Willow Tree statues were given to me by Mikey for Mother's Day,
they are entitled, "Two Together." it couldn't be more perfect or true!


2 comments:
How nice! Glad you had great Mothers day! I love the willow tree statue , so cute! We gave Jake's BM one when we met her.
I keep meaning to comment on that photo of you and the boys. I just love it. You look happier than I have ever seen you!!!!
Post a Comment