Thursday, August 21, 2008
First Family Vacation!
We decided to take our first family vacation! We took the boys to Splash Lagoon water park in Erie PA. They were so GOOD and tolerated the drive well too!!! On the way down we stopped at McDonald's for some lunch and it happened to have a Play Place, well Jacob thought it was the absolute best thing, he ate, played ran, climbed and was actually ready to get back in the van when it was time. Elijah ATE his cheeseburger, which was a first for him, he typically pushes them to the side and opts for the parfait and some fries, but with all the action to watch he was willing to sit and eat~YAY!!
We arrived at the park at 3:30 and could not check in until 4:00, so we went right to the big stuff~the family locker room, changed and were ready to hit the water by 3:45. When we got to the water area Jake squealed, WOW, Eli-ah WOW! It was the cutest thing, he was so excited and wanted to make sure that his brother was equally excited. Elijah was all about getting out of his stroller and he loved bouncing around in the water.
Both boys took turns on the little slides and Jacob got to the point where I would trust him to walk out of the pool and round to the slide by himself~he was so happy and proud. He would smile and gesture to the kids next to him as if to say, "isn't this the best!"
After a few hours they were ready to get out and check in to the hotel room. They found the closet to be fascinating! The doors were mirrored and neither could figure out why they could not walk through them, they kept running into the doors, so I put the suitcase rack in front of them to remind the boys that they could not walk through the looking glass like "Alice." They played in the closet for quite a while~hey it was cheap entertainment!
Sleeping took a bit, but as you can see, we all were asleep by 10:30 and yes we all initially slept in the same bed~good thing it was KING size. Early in the AM hours, I woke and decided to jump into the other bed since no one was using it!
A successful first trip for us and we are looking forward to going again!!!! Maybe in the winter when some warm fun would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Awesome, babe. You're the bomb! Great job with this. And thanks for choosing the ONE photo where I have my shirt off... YUCK!
Love you!
MPI
It looks like you had a blast! I love the pic of the boys sleeping in the Van.... you look great Molly!
Looks like you made a good choice for your first trip. I hope this is the first of many happy family getaways.
Definitely looks like a good time!
Molly--thank you SO much for checking in on my blog! I must admit, I read yours often after spying it on Betsy's links! Your little guys are adorable!!! This must be a fun vacation spot--I'll have to remember it!
What fun! Looks like you all had a great time.
It looks like a great trip! Great Pictures! The boys are so cute! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment