Today I did something that I have not done since the arrival of Jacob and Elijah...I met my best girlfriend, Missy in Rochester and she and I shopped and had dinner together. Now, in years past we would do this routinely, spend WILD amounts of money on anything from fuzzy socks to expensive bags and anything in between. Today we shopped the discount stores, clearance racks and still had a great time. Missy always has the ability to make me feel happy, content and rejuvenated. At one point we had a pact that we would buy a duplex together, use donated sperm to have babies and just live our lives together because there were no men worthy enough. In a twist of fate, we started to date our now husbands at the same time and were married within 5 months of each other. We now both have children, new houses and couldn't be happier, except that we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like! So today was a treat, I spent the day alone with my best friend. We bought Christmas gifts for our babies and she gave her thumbs up on the bedding ensemble I chose for Jacob!
To my love, Mikey and David: I thank you both for being the caring husbands and Daddies that gave us our "girlie" time!!!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Love that girl time. There's nothing like it. Can't wait for next week!
Wow! Christmas shopping? I am still just thinking about school shopping. I wish I was ahead of the game like you.
Sounds like a great day! We all need days out with our girls now and then.
I'm glad that you got to spend some quality girl time with Missy!
Post a Comment