Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas at Nonnie and Papa's

Ah, the gifts are bought, tree is done, cookies are baked, fudge delivered, Santa will wrap gifts tonight and we will be set! I will not be awarded Mother of the Year though as I did not get a Christmas card of my boys made in time~oops!! The delivery date would have been 12/23~not so helpful. So look for a Valentine from us instead!

We celebrated Christmas with my parents, sister and her family tonight. Those of you who know me know that the 23rd is one of my most cherished nights of the year. In years past we have spent the evening doing one of my most favorite holiday traditions~Christmas with the Furs, that did not happen tonight but I hope that we will see them soon. We instead spent the evening as a family~it was wonderful! Good eats, lots of laughs and we had our first dose of presents. Elijah is my tear tiny pieces off of the gift until you can see the box, Jake is our tear the paper, run around and come back later to work on the same gift. We were given VERY special presents tonight. Gifts that can not be bought, they were made with LOVE by Mom. We each received a quilt that she made for us, Me, the boys, Mar and Lex~yes, 5 quilts in one year~My Mom ROCKS! Whenever I would call her, which is pretty much daily and ask what she was up to, the answer was always, "puttering around, this and that." Well that is a lot of this and that. Each is beautiful and has a title fitting each personality. Mine is "Molly's Garden," the material actually has a journal of gardening and then wonderful applique flowers. Jake's in Froggers, I am so impressed with the applique frogs they jump from the quilt, Elijah is Eric Carle's "very Hungry Caterpillar," which when the boys have time to really look at it tomorrow and we read the book like we do every night I think they will be impressed that the story's pictures and foods are on the quilt. Mar has Beauties and Lexi's is "Hope You'll Dance," a perfect choice for her! My gift card to Sephora is great too, but nothing compared to my quilt. I am happy that Jake has a quilt of his own, as he has taken over my other quilt that Mom made for me, not going to bed without it on his. Tomorrow night he will sleep under his new quilt.

I am hoping to post pics soon~I just tried to download from my camera and got a message saying my computer is not detecting my camera~it is too late to ask Santa for a camera NOW!!!!!!! Hoping a change in batteries makes it work!

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

The Little O's said...

What a wonderful night and such special gifts! I do miss our "23rd" night, too! Sephora, here we come :)

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Julie L. said...

Glad you had such a wonderful celebration! the quilts sound beautiful!