Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time goes on

In life there are things that you will always remember and things that you experience that are so awe inspiring that you can think of the event and recall every detail of it like you are rewinding a favorite scene from a movie. This is what I am doing today. It is hard to believe that 2 years ago today my water broke and we were headed to Strong for what we thought would be the arrival of our son, "Zacharia." It was 3:15 AM Sunday morning, the last day of break, we had just bought our van on Friday and had dinner with inlaws on Saturday night in Buffalo. Saturday was warm and pleasant. At 3:15 I called my mom to ask her to come stay with Jacob, she was bit shocked as it was 5 weeks before my due date~but she hustled on over. We got ready, me calmly and matter of fact, getting thing out for Jacob and things packed in case I were to be admitted (what was I thinking, in case) Mike and Mom kept asking how I felt, did I have contractions~nope feeling fine! We walked out the front door into a blizzard! I couldn't believe it! You could not see more than 3 feet in front of you the whole way out of our village, once we got to Chili the roads were just dusty, but until then it was nasty~all I could think of oh, our new van, please let us get there safely! We arrived and had to ask directions to the labor and delivery floor~we had not gotten that far in our birthing classes! The doctor that saw us was the same resident that we had seen back in November when we arrived thinking we were having a horrible miscarriage because of some extreme hemorrhaging, but that was not the case as we entered the hospital 5 months later. She remembered us and couldn't believe she was seeing us again, this time to help bring our baby into the world! We were admitted and the waiting for the baby game began. I can still smell the smell of Strong, the coffee bar, the texture of the gowns the routine of waking, eating, watching TV, missing Jacob and Mike and then the thrill of seeing the both of them at night when they visited. This went on for a week before our baby made his grand entrance! I will post more along the week as the time passes before his birthday!

1 comment:

Julie L. said...

Molly--what an amazing story to remember and document for your sons. Thanks for sharing it. I look forward to more memories leading up to his b-day!