Saturday, February 9, 2008

I guess I should update : )






Wow, we are 6 weeks into the new year how is that possible!!
We've been snuggling up in the house for most of that 6 weeks except for a plan date with our buddy Aidan. Jacob suffered through his first ear infections and I suffered through my first panic of a high spiking fever, but all seems to be settling in now. He has one day left of antibiotics and we ventured out today to the mall...we needed to see some other sights and sounds. Jacob was SO happy to be able to walk around the mall...he walks around here but it isn't the same as pounding your new sneakers on some tile and checking our everything that a giant mall has to offer...yup, Mommy hit her new favorite store-Sephora-I am always on the hunt for the perfect lip gloss...yeah I know my age but hey it is all in how you feel and act!@! We also bought little guy new car seats...this made me a bit sentimental and a touch sad...don't get me wrong after all he went through as a preemie I am elated he is big, strong and healthy, but we've been using our infant carrier now for 16 months and it is just part of me. Using that I know I have a little wee-baby, but my wee-ist baby is now getting out of the wee stage! Off to the attic with the infant carrier...it is joining the baby bathtub, bouncy seats and the play mat...I sometimes wonder about if we will use it again...that little girl we "may" adopt, but honestly I am SO content with my boys I can not imagine adding a new person right now....a few years from now we'll see...so for now it is put in the attic, waiting for the right decision.

Here are some photos!!! Did I mention that the boys enjoy their food and that I have a new silly song..."hats, hats, we wear hats, hats go on our heads..."

6 comments:

terilynnh2000 said...

I LOVE those hats!!! Those boys look too sweet with that yummy food all over them! I am sad for you that your "teeny baby" phase has ended. You can come squeeze on Ellie whenever you want for your newborn AND girly fix. :)

Life with my BOYS! said...

I may take you up on that offer!

Sue said...

Thanks for the update. We have missed seeing your little guys!

And ya...hang onto those baby things. I didn't think we'd be doing this again and ended up getting rid of everything.

Colette said...

I was wondering when you were going to post! THe boys are getting so big! Which car seat did you buy...we on the other hand are looking for one at 6 months! Oh boy! Glad to see all is well and everyone is on the mend! Hugs

Colette said...

Thanks for the post on the car seats! It is great to hear what mom's with boys think! Hugs

Wondering when you will find us said...

How adorable your boys are! I know how u feel, I get all choked up when Jakes clothes r getting too small. They grow too fast.:(