One of the things I love best about children's craft things are the smells. The sense of smell is one of the most keen of the senses we have; it can instantly transport you to another day and time. Suave pump hairspray reminds me of FL and a guy I once upon a time knew...do you remember Salon Selectives and the Apple scent all the products had...I do it was the 80's and I was in the prime of high-school...so warp to the present day...
Play-doh, I love the smell of it and of Crayola crayons-yes, I am a crayon and play-doh snob, only those brands will do! Jake has started to experiment with play-doh and seems to really like it. He is a pro with the rolling pin, we tried to push items into the doh to cut shapes but he was more content lifting it and then tasting it. For the record, they must add some bitter tasting stuff because one taste was all he or I needed to know we didn't want more~yes, I tasted it too. An odd obsession I have, at work I do not require my students to try things that I am not willing to do myself~including laying prone and propelling myself down the front hallway, it is not as easy as it appears!!
Here are some pics of our play-doh time~take note of the little supervisor, hanging out in the Elmo chair!


4 comments:
They're such cuties and getting big so fast. Can't wait to see you all soon.
So true about smells! Salon Selectives brings me back to my cheerleading days and all my big hair.
And my MIL would agree with you. She is even turning the little ones into Crayola snobs. Me, I am a big fan of their Color Wonder products.
How cute! Love the smell too!
What great pictures...Love the Supervisor! Adorable!!! I think I was the supervisor in our family! Too cute!!!
Post a Comment