Monday, September 8, 2008

Bang, Tap, Bang

We are off and running around here! School has been going well, which is a nice transition back into the swing of things. The boys all 3 of them, have had some sort of stuff/ runny nose but we can deal with that! The little boys are adjusting as I would expect them too, a bit cranky in the evening, but I anticipated that since they are not napping as they did when we were home....

...anyway, last Thursday we were playing outside after dinner and I noticed that Jacob is carrying around a play tool caddy. I thought it interesting as he has never shown that much attention to that toy in the past. He pulled a hammer out of it and started to hold it in his hand as high as he could reach and just gently swing it in the air. Then I notice he is tapping the pole on the carport, OK, he understands the use of a hammer~awesome! Then he says, "up, Mommy," I pick him up and now he can almost reach the ceiling of the carport and if I stretch a bit, he is successful...what a smile this produced...NOW it DAWNS on me what he is doing...ready for this...the sitter is getting a new roof on her house, and YES, Jacob has heard and seen the hammering that they are doing and isn't he imitating their every move! Imagine the thrill he had when his Mommy took him to our plastic play house and set him on the roof of it, he hammered away for 15-20 minutes smiling from ear to ear!!!!!! You go my little boy! OH, not to left out, Elijah wanted to sit on the roof too and he hammered using the pipe wrench...oh, my precious babies!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

All the stuff our "babies" are aware of is amazing & it's exciting when we realize what they're thinking. :)

I really miss you guys! If we can't manage a playdate before the sofia halloween bash, I hope we'll at least see you then.

Scott and Becky said...

I love it when our kiddos discover new things to do! Way to go figuring out what he was doing too!

terilynnh2000 said...

That is way to cute. What a smartie pants!! :)