Sunday, September 21, 2008

Off and walking!

OK, so those who know me know that I can be a wee bit obsessive about my children meeting milestones...guess it comes with the territory of being a Special Education Teacher! Elijah will be 17 months tomorrow and really just began standing independently and taking a few steps in the past 4 weeks. Yes, I have had him evaluated twice! He is famous for "tall-knee" walking, w-sitting and toe-walking but tonight he walked a lot on his flat feet around the room chasing after Jacob and I. When I smiled and called him "stinker" he simply smiled back, turned and walked away! He is receiving PT once per week, so I guess Kevin is a miracle worker, or maybe Elijah will just do things on his time, rather than on Mommy's "I think you should be time." Our little miracle will be 17 months tomorrow hard to believe! His smile and giggle melts my heart and his head-strong ways make me smile, Daddy says he takes after his Mommy~I guess that isn't a bad thing :)

Jake is stringing more words together and has such inflection in his voice even with words that we can not understand! He will string together 3-4 word phrases with prompts from Mommy, hey wouldn't the world we great if we could all use one word to get everyone to understand our thoughts! Today when leaving Nonny's I asked him, as I have asked him 100 or so times, say,"love you" there were shouts of GLEE from me when he pipped back, Love you!! It is absolutely amazing to me that my little boy will be 2 in just under 2 weeks~WHERE does that time go. I want to capture all of the things he does now so that one day I can go back to see, smell and remember how precious these days and years are!

I LOVE YOU BOTH with all MY HEART!

1 comment:

Colette said...

How exciting!!! I know we have to remember in their time not ours...sounds familar??? Hugs!