Saturday, October 18, 2008

E-li-JAH

Okay, I may be bias but MY boys are the SWEETEST things going! When we ride in the car most often they hold hands. It is Jake who is usually the one to initiate. Today on the way to Buff for Uncle Bri's bday I hear this frantic E-li-JAH, E-li-JAH from Jacob and turn to see Elijah pulling his hand from Jake's and then teasingly returning it only to pull it back again. The tone in Jake's voice must have alerted Elijah to the fact that Jake would prefer to just hold his hand as Elijah then complied and rode the rest of the way smiling and happily holding his brother's hand! Is this not the cutest thing going...as I sit here I was just going to say that I am not sure where this comes from but it has just dawned on me, that Jacob is imitating Micheal and I. Yes, we hold hands when we drive, we always have and after almost 5 years we still do and right NOW it has dawned on me why my boys hold hands in the car...I am glad these are the things they imitate...I hope they imitate all of their Daddy's good qualities!
I LOVE ALL THREE OF THEM WITH ALL OF MY HEART!

6 comments:

Julie L. said...

Molly--that is just the sweetest story! Way to capture it in your blog...You should go sign up for Jessica Sprague's FREE class on remembering your stories like that....check on my blog--but it is jessicasprague.com (you'll love her...just you wait! :) )

Rebecca said...

That really is the cutest thing I've heard! What a wonderful story that will be to share with them one day.

Michelle said...

awwwwwwwwwww, that is so cute!

Alison and Jason said...

TOO cute! And I have to say that I find it as sweet that you two still hold hands in the car too!

Colette said...

Very sweet! Jeff and I too hold hands when we drive! Love it!

terilynnh2000 said...

Soooooo sweet!!!!