As I sit here tonight I am brought back to a life altering phone call that I received while at work 2 years ago today at 3:32 PM...I was called from a meeting to a phone call from a woman named Kathy Crissey (at that time I had NO idea who she was, to wrapped up in the start of school and she had just taken over Nicole's job) when I answered I was greeted with, "Hi Molly, this is Kathy Crissey I am calling to say that we have found your baby." I sat stunned, not knowing we were being profiled, let alone chosen!! I called Mike and rushed home waiting for the phone to ring with all the information on the case. The phone did not ring until 10:20PM (after the holiday) and we were given the information on Jacob's case! It was a perfect match!
Our baby boy was born the next day while we went to work to tie up ends and prepared to leave for IN to meet our baby! On Oct. 5 we met Ashley, the strong and brave young woman who made our dreams come true, and our son! Her first words to me were, "do you want to hold your son?" Did I ever, I sit with tears remembering the joy I felt for me and the pain I also felt for her. We spent a wonderful day together surrounded by her Mom, sister and friend. We talked and got to know one another~it could not have been more perfect.
It is hard to believe that 2 years has gone by. Where does the time go, our baby boy is now a toddler, walking, climbing, talking, and exploring. He is the best thing that has ever been given to us. We are grateful each day for Ashley and the sacrifice she has made. Her sacrifice gave our lives meaning again, because of her I am able to enjoy life to the fullest. I am so thankful on this the eve of my son's birthday. I love him with all my heart. This weekend we will celebrate with our family and friends. We will have a monkey cake and Elmo cupcakes, I want to remember all of this, I want to remember the way that Jake says Elmo, the way he loves to eat cupcakes from the top down..then start on a new one...my wish is for his happiness and that time will slow down just a bit!
Happy Birthday my dear son!


5 comments:
Molly---I was just visiting blogs, and decided to check in on yours--wow...Happy Brithday to Jacob--what an amazing story--it brought tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful mom!
Happy Birthday, Little Man.
Happy late birthday Jacob!You are so handsome! :)
Happy birthday Jake! I can't believe it's been 2 years since he came home. Love you little man!
How can it be that he is 2! Man they do grow up fast! I remember when you annouced him! Good Golly! He is just gorgeous!!! Love the eyes! We must do a play date some time...let me know when you visit the in laws...we are right down the street! Hugs and Blessings
Post a Comment