Ok, energy is a bit lacking on my part at the moment; this is my second day home recovering from the "flu." I was so disappointed in how I felt yesterday as I wanted to have some great conversations with my students during election day! Now, I am eagerly wanting to converse with them over the results and have a great lesson on defeat! Thanks to Senator McCain for being so graceful in his speech last night! I can not wait to use it tomorrow! I tried to go in today but the shower was about all I had the energy for! If you know me you know that politics isn't my thing; but boy was I ready for this election. Mostly, because history was going to by made, I was so looking forward to watching all the results etc. but my body did not allow that, I was asleep most of the day yesterday and on and off all evening, despite my best effort to keep the eyes open!
...Energy! WOW is all I can say about what I have seen on Morning News shows. The energy from Grant Park and NYC Times Square is simply amazing! To see young, old, black, white, yellow, tatooed etc all coming together to be part of history is amazing to me! I can remember when we decided to open our adoption grid to all races, Mike and I having a discussion about who African American idols/role models were. We immediately went to the common sports, music (love that Cab Calloway), actors, Oprah etc. Then I said, hey maybe our child would be the first AA President. At that time, 2 short years ago I thought, yeah, by the time our child is old enough to run, "maybe" the country will be ready to see its first AA President. ZONKERS! I can hardly believe the change in 2 years, it gives me renewed hope in people, renewed energy in our government, and what better role model for our young people of all color! I hope with all my prayers that President Elect Obama will be able to pull our nation up from the spot it is in, but regardless the message that is sent; one of pulling yourself through adversity is strong and seared into our minds! With that said, I am off to watch some more invigorating TV (election stuff, no Springer stuff) have some tea and toast and dream of the words to use to my students!
I will post some pics of my boys later today or this week in their Halloween best as well as other things they've been up to!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Molly--soo sorry you are sick! Bleck. Wasn't it amazing to witness this part of history last night? I loved reading your post...feel better!
Post a Comment