Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tadah!

Well mark the day, Jacobdini has figured out how to get out of his crib! I was half listening to the monitor at 6:45 this AM when Mike flipped the covers off and said, "Jacob is RIGHT here." I had forgotten to put the rail up when I changed him during the night, so I guess he thought that was his invitation to get out on his own. Have no fear, when he went up for a nap later the crib rail was up and again, as I listened through the monitor I thought I heard the pitter patter of feet when swing, the bedroom door opened and one beaming proud Jacob walked through the door, clapping and smiling! Batavia has no gate that will work properly so tomorrow I will go to my favorite store (Target) and buy the swinging gate that I will put in his bedroom doorway! Those of you who have been to our house, you know how difficult our kitchen gate is to open, so I think that will contain him for a little while (I hope)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH! That boy continues to impress me! Aidan has been swinging one leg over the rail recently but hasn't managed to scale it yet. How tall is Jake?

Life with my BOYS! said...

Hey Michelle! He is 35 inches. I actually had a chance to watch him in action as I put him in the crib and then tidied around a bit in his room, he delicately lifts the leg in the corner of his crib and then slowly and methodically lowers himself~like a hot knife through butter, there wasn't even a bang or bump sound. I have to admit it is the same technique he uses to climb over the side of the climbing cube we have in the play area! That's MY boy!

terilynnh2000 said...

Wow! That boy is ALL boy!!!! :) Hope the gate contains him!! :) I remember the first time Gabi climbed out--she was about 2-- it was nap time, and all of the sudden I hear this little voice on the monitor saying "ut-oh, ut-oh". SHe was probably thinking- "I'm so busted" Too funny!!