Some weekends are just that! We have a family pact that we don't over-book ourselves on weekends, but sometimes it just can not be avoided! We had a fabulous time at the Easter Egg Hunt with our adoption buddies, celebrated Grammy's birthday to which both we brought our camera and left it in the VAN! OH, well better luck next time!
Friday was payday and with that we have a family tradition that I borrowed from my friend Marie whose children are 21-25 years old now; but she used to take them to the bookstore on payday and they were able to each choose a book! What a wonderful idea. We had dinner at Bob Evan's (next time we will eat at Wendy's~takes too long on a Friday night) and then off to Wal-mart to choose books. Mike and I are big book people and I can remember LOVING the days in school when they would send home those wonderful newspaper sale fliers from Scholastic and I would try to pace myself with which books I wanted~it was better than a candy store!!!
Oh and Daddy was more than happy to acknowledge help the boys pick out a GIANT ball!!


No comments:
Post a Comment